Monday, September 10, 2012

Saved by the Bell

Well, The Roo started school last week. And by school, I mean Mother's Day Out at a local church 2 days a week from 9-2.  We decided on an MDO program for a couple of reasons...

1. Since I went back to work full-time I figured my oh-so-awesome mother-in-law might need a little break here and there from my oh-so-awesome little guy.

2. The Roo doesn't get a lot of interaction with other kiddos since he isn't in daycare. I figure it's about time he learns to interact with kids, share, play nice, etc.

3. I was getting a little jealous of aforementioned mother-in-law and the fact that she saw my little guy more than I did, so I wanted to steal 10 hours away from her...  Ok, just kidding on the last one. Sort of ;)

Anyway, so over the last 2 weeks I have seen Facebook post after Facebook post and picture after picture of the infamous "FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL".

This has clued me into the type of mom I guess I'm gonna be... Not that kind...

I didn't even drop the kiddo off on his first day. I didn't take any pictures. I didn't cry. I haven't even bought him a cute backpack or lunchbox yet.

And on a bright note, my little guy isn't the clingy crier either. Apparently he went straight out of Grammy's arms, into teacher's arms and never looked back.  I'm hoping that means we are doing something right... looks like my guy is gonna be just fine... even without an official "First Day of School" picture and a baby backpack.

No comments:

Post a Comment