Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day!

Happy Labor Day!

I figured since today is Labor Day it would be appropriate that I post an update. No, I'm not in labor yet, but we are definitely getting down to the wire - 37 days until my due date! This weekend we have worked hard to get a LOT done in preparation for the little one's arrival!

The Nursery
The Nursery is pretty much completed. Eric helped hang up the letters on the wall and the curtains, we have the bedding all set up and everything is organized, at least for now! All that is left to do is hang the baby quilt on the wall (I still need to get a quilt hanger... minor detail), and the full size quilt for the bed in the room is at the quilter's. Once I get those two things done, the nursery will be officially complete!

Downstairs
We also put together the pack n' play, and baby Clara Mae came over and tried it out for us! Our swing is put together and working, and the changing table for downstairs is put together and ready to go with wipes, diapers, etc.

Hospital Bag
I figured Labor day would be an appropriate day to pack the bag for the hospital. However, there are certain things that I want to take to the hospital that I don't want to pack until go-time (makeup, camera, pillows, etc.).

Showers
I had a shower in Houston last weekend that was fabulous! My BFFs, Lisa, Hannah, Sallie, Chrissie and Lauren did a great job! The shower was at the Houston Arboretum, which is beautiful if you've never been there and had the chance to walk around. They hooked me up with gluten-free goodness, and we had plenty of cookies, cupcakes and cake leftover to much on for a few days! The shower was amazing and it was great to get to see all of the friends and family that made it out to celebrate baby Andy!!!

Yay for actually being somewhat prepared for labor!  I will try to post pictures of the nursery and baby shower soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment