Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Roo and the Poo

A little over 4 years ago, I rescued what I think is the most adorable little doggie in the whole world. After a lot of talk, we decided on naming our little guy General Patton. However, not long after that, for some reason I started calling him "Peanut". Our little guy now answers to both Patton and Peanut.

About 3 years ago, we adopted Lola, our very hungry 13" beagle. Out of nowhere I started calling her Lola Bear. I don't know why... though she could probably out-eat a bear if she ever met one.

My point is that I have a tendency to accidentally create nicknames. I even call my friend Brent "Brently" (Which now his wife sometimes even calls him from what I understand).

I thought "Andy" was going to be a sufficient name for Little Andy when he was born.  However, out of nowhere I started calling him "Andy-Roo", which has since been shortened to "Roo", "Little-Roo", and sometimes "The Roo". I worry that may one day turn into "Drew", which will only be a problem if my friend Sallie has a little boy because she has already 'claimed' that name :) But I suppose we will cross that bridge when we get there! :)

Now onto the Poo. My little Roo is growing up quickly, and after SEVERAL explosions over the Thanksgiving weekend, we are moving him on up to size 2 diapers.  He has officially christened several family members so far! Grammy, Grandma and Uncle Aaron have all been beneficiaries of his overflowing diapers! Hopefully we have that under control for a while. They say around 10 weeks babies may start pooing a little less, but The Roo has not gotten that memo...

Also, for everyone that I told over Thanksgiving that Andy was 11 weeks, I was wrong! :) He was 10 weeks on Thanksgiving and is 11 weeks today. I think I'm gonna stick with 'months' from here on out, because quite frankly I'm loosing count!

I still can't find my camera cord, maybe Santa will bring me one...

No comments:

Post a Comment