Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Excuse me, my son shouldn't have any girly parts!

So yesterday I had an ultrasound to check the growth of little Andy.  He is chugging along just fine at 4 lbs 6 oz, which puts him in the 65th percentile.

However, the ultrasound tech through me through a bit of a loop. When she first started the ultrasound she asked if I had found out gender at the last ultrasound. I informed her it was actually 2 ultrasounds ago when we found out.  (I did not mention that SHE was actually the ultrasound tech that did that sonogram. I figure she sees a lot of women every day, so I didn't expect her to remember my awesomeness).
Fastforward about 20 minutes after she had checked most of Andy's measurements, she then casually mentions "And there are her girly parts". I sat straight up and said "EXCUSE ME!?!? My son shouldn't have any girly parts! He's been confirmed boy TWICE!" (Once again I did not mention that one of those confirmations actually came from HER!) She apologized and said well, I just saw a little bit so let me take a closer look.  After a few more minutes she was able to confirm to me that Yes, Andy is still a little boy!

I will say this is still enough to put me in a minor panic, as when my mom was pregnant with me, she had an ultrasound that confirmed that I was a boy. She was quite shocked when I was born and came out a little girl instead. So here is the deal, if little Andy does end up being born with 'little girly parts', here's hoping she likes sail boats, the color blue, and puppy dogs!!! And if he is born with 'little boy parts', I'm sure this story will be used numerous times throughout his life as a way to embarass him!

Here's a few pictures for you. These are actually from 2 weeks ago, but I don't have the ones from yesterday electronically... so I figure I would post these instead

His Manhood


His Profile

3D picture of his cute little face

No comments:

Post a Comment