Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Myths of Pregnancy (or at least MINE!)

So when I first found out I was pregnant, I started reading... EVERYTHING... Books, websites, forums, pamphlets, brochures, etc. Obviously no two pregnancies are the same... but I got a little annoyed with a few things that apparently happen to every pregnant woman but ME!

Here are my top 3

3. SLEEP - First of all, if one more person tells me "Get as much sleep while you still can!"... I think I might scream! I had always heard that once you get into the 3rd trimester sleeping can be a bit of a problem... Too bad it's been this way for me the ENTIRE pregnancy. It is like the day I found out I was pregnant, my body said, "That's it! No more peaceful night sleep for YOU!!! Muah ha ha ha!!" (Apparently my body has an evil laugh).  I have been tossing and turning and getting up to pee, and waking up for no reason and not beinga ble to go back to sleep the entire pregnancy.  Thank goodness that Eric and I have a big enough bed that apparently I didn't wake him up... too much! Actually, since we got back from our vacation on Sunday, I have been sleeping BETTER... and I'm in my 3rd trimester now... Go figure... (Of course I still have 10 weeks to go so I may not be sleeping better for much longer!)

2. SECOND TRIMESTER SECOND WIND - Okay, so for anyone that saw me during my first trimester, it was probably either at work or at my house. Because apparently growing human life inside of me wears me out.... Like to the point that I would Get up, Go to work, Go home, Lay on the couch, Go to sleep, Repeat. On the weekend I would pretty much nap all day. I am pretty sure there were some Saturdays I barely even got out of bed.  The thing that kept me going was everyone that talked about how much energy they had during their second trimester. So I knew if I just held out until then I would be fine... And so I waited. And 12 weeks came and went... and still no energy... But that's ok I thought! It's still early... Really 2nd trimester starts at 13 weeks... and 13 weeks came and went... and still no energy... Well maybe I am a late bloomer? so 14 weeks came and went and STILL NO FREAKING ENERGY!!!! I am FINALLY (once again not until my 3rd trimester) regaining some of my energy... Like to the point where I can go to bed at 10 and wake up at 6 and not need 3 naps during the day (Though I would say I am still not back to my non-pregnant energy levels)! Second Trimester Second Wind my butt!!!!!

3. HAIR AND NAILS - One of the things I was most excited about the pregnancy was that EVERYONE taked about how great their hair and nails were why they were pregnant (vain, I know... so sue me)! I couldn't wait!!! I've always had really brittle yucky nails, and my hair grows sooooooooooo slow... so I was excited, and really hoping that would mean my hair would be long enough for a pony tail by baby-time... because let's be honest, once a little one is here the days will be few and far between when I actually have time to do my hair! 30 weeks in, and I see no change in my nails OR my hair... Hair is still growing as slow as ever... and my nails still can't grow to save my life... And before you ask...Yes, I am taking my prenatal vitimins... and they aren't helping!! Woe is me...

Anyway, those are the most annoying for me right now... At some point this week I will try to post about our vacation last week (which is why I haven't posted in a while).

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment