Monday, August 15, 2011

Showered with Love!

Wow, it took me way too long to write this, but I have to brag about how awesome my baby showers were last weekend! Unfortunately my camera charger has gone AWOL and so I have no pictures, so if you have pictures please email them to me! 

Eric and I went up to Mansfield last weekend because I had not one, but TWO baby showers!

Saturday I had a shower at Grandma's house. It was so great! She put together the cutest Diaper Cake ever! She had adorable blue decorations, and made a baby clothesline for me with all sorts of cute stuff on it. She even made a game out of the clothesline, where she took it away before I opened presents and the guests had to remember what all was on it! She also played the infamous chocolate in the diaper game, which I think Morgan won! (She has a lot of experience with analyzing the inside of diapers I suppose). This was a 'family shower', so a lot of my cousins, aunts, great aunts, etc. all came. To top off the event, my mom brought a black forest cake! Now, I am not 100% sure if Black Forest Cake is gluten free, but mom and I decided it is probably just maringue and sugar and milk... or something of that nature. I don't care... it's my favorite dessert in the whole wide world! I got all sorts of fabulous things for Andy, including 2 baby baths, some super adorable clothes, and my diaper bag which I am super stoked about! (Ok, so maybe the bag is more for me than for little Andy... :))

Sunday, my mom's best friend Teresa put together a shower for me. It was with alot of my Mansfield friends, and all of my Church Mom's, as I like to call them. (I guess they will all be Andy's Church Grandma's now!)  It was so great to see everyone! Peggy made some gluten free cupcakes and cookies which were AMAZING! We ended up with so much swag I wasn't convinced Eric would be able to fit it all into the Armada.  I got to see a lot of my high school friends that still live in the DFW area that I don't get to see nearly enough! I need to plan another trip back, because I know I didn't get to catch up with each of them as much as I wanted to, but I was so happy to get to see them all and spend time with them! Plus, all the ladies who helped raise me were there (all my Church Mom's), and it was so great to see how excited they were for Eric and I as we start this next phase of our life! I feel very blessed to have such wonderful women in my life... I hope Andy gets the opportunity to grow up with 'Church Mom's' as loving and kind to him as these ladies have been to me in my lifetime.

The Armada was litterally STUFFED full of stuff! I even told Eric I did not think he would be able to fit it all in, but somehow he managed! We barely had room for Lola and Patton in the truck, and had to squeeze their bed in... though I think they would have preferred to be in my lap.

Thank you cards are written, and everyone will get them soon, but I am just so grateful for everyone who came and shared in my excitement with me! I had such an amazing weekend, and it was wonderful to see how loved Andy is already! I can't wait until he is here and I get to bring him back to Mansfield for everyone to get to meet him!!!

PS Chelsea, I am SUPER SORRY that I forgot to add you to the invite list for the shower :( I still love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment